Children donate to National Egg Collection, 1917

In December 1917 the village schoolchildren donated their sweet money to buy eggs for the National Egg Collection. By the middle of the month Mrs. Brandon, the headmistress, had sufficient to buy 70, and she had also started a sewing class among the pupils, with the articles being sold to raise additional funds for the cause.